Unlock the mysteries of Ancient Egypt with our exclusive tours from Safaga Port to Luxor. Our expert guides will take you on a journey through time and history, as you explore the fascinating temples and tombs of the Pharaohs. Book now for an unforgettable experience!
Our tours from Safaga Port to Luxor provide a unique opportunity to explore one of the most historically rich regions of Egypt. From the Valley of the Kings to the Karnak Temple Complex, our experienced guides will take you on a comprehensive tour of the city’s most iconic landmarks, ensuring you don’t miss a thing.
- Hassle-free transfers from Safaga Port to Luxor and back
- Expert guides with extensive knowledge of Egyptian history
- Small-group tours for a personalized experience
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Always wear comfortable shoes.
- Buy a local SIM card.
- Carry some of the currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound.
- Learn some Arabic words like Shokran, Mn Fadlak.
- Try the famous Egyptian food like Ful & Ta’meya.
- Stay Hydrated at all times especially during the summer in Egypt.
- Friday and Saturday are the official holidays in Egypt.
- The metro is one of the fastest ways to travel within Cairo.
- Keep a tour Guide by your side to fully enjoy your time in Egypt.
- Explore the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx.
- Shop at Khan El Khalili Bazaar enchanting markets in old Cairo.
- Behold the holy Islamic & Coptic attractions in Old Cairo.
- Feel the grandeur of Luxor within its majestic temples & tombs.
- Rediscover the captivating wonders of the Egyptian Museum.
- Witness the great Philae and Abu Simbel temples in Aswan.
- Board a soulful Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan or vice versa.
- Discover the Natural Allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa or Bahariya.
- Swim, Dive, and snorkel in Hurghada or cities situated on the Red Sea.
Travelers’ Choice Awards & Recent Reviews
Tours From Safaga Port FAQs
- What are the popular tours and excursions available from Safaga Port? Popular tours from Safaga Port often include visits to Luxor to explore ancient temples and monuments, such as the Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings. Snorkeling and diving trips to the Red Sea’s vibrant coral reefs are also popular.
- How far is Luxor from Safaga Port, and how long does it take to get there? Luxor is approximately 220 kilometers (about 137 miles) from Safaga Port. The journey by road typically takes around 3 to 4 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
- Are there guided tours available from Safaga Port, and do they include transportation? Yes, there are guided tours available, and they often include round-trip transportation from Safaga Port to Luxor or other tour destinations. These tours are designed to maximize your time and provide historical and cultural insights.
- Is it safe to take tours from Safaga Port? Taking guided tours from Safaga Port is generally safe, as long as you book through reputable tour operators. Ensure that your tour operator is licensed and follows safety standards. It’s also advisable to follow any instructions provided by your tour guide.
- Can I book private tours from Safaga Port for a more personalized experience? Yes, many tour operators offer private tours from Safaga Port. These allow you to customize your itinerary and have a more personalized experience with a dedicated guide.
- What is the best time to book tours from Safaga Port? The best time to book tours from Safaga Port is during the cooler months, from late autumn to early spring (October to April). This provides more comfortable weather for exploring outdoor attractions and enjoying water activities in the Red Sea.
- What should I wear for tours from Safaga Port? Dress comfortably and modestly when touring Egypt. Lightweight, breathable clothing is advisable, and it’s respectful to cover your shoulders and knees, especially when visiting religious sites.
- What are the top attractions to visit during tours from Safaga Port? The top attractions include the temples and monuments of Luxor, such as Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings. Red Sea snorkeling and diving sites, like Paradise Island and Tobia Arbaa, are also highlights.
- Are there restrictions on photography during tours from Safaga Port? Photography is generally allowed at most tourist sites, but some locations may have restrictions or additional fees for cameras or video equipment. Always check with your tour guide or at the entrance for specific rules.
- Can I extend my stay in Safaga, Luxor, or other destinations after a tour from Safaga Port to explore more of Egypt? Yes, many travelers choose to extend their stay in Egypt after a tour from Safaga Port to explore additional destinations or enjoy more leisure time. Your tour operator can assist with any extensions you wish to make.
- Do I need a visa for Egypt if I’m taking a shore excursion from Safaga Port? Cruise passengers who arrive in Safaga Port and are joining a shore excursion arranged by the cruise line often do not require an individual visa. However, if you plan to explore independently or take a non-cruise-related tour, you may need a visa. Check with your cruise line for specific visa requirements.
- What currency is used in Egypt, and can I use credit cards during tours from Safaga Port? The currency in Egypt is the Egyptian Pound (EGP). While credit cards are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, and larger shops, it’s advisable to carry some cash, especially when visiting smaller markets or local establishments.